a separate, not-for-profit corporation, Friends
of Vista Hill raises funds
to support Vista Hill Programs: individual donations; grant support;
special event sponsorship; charitable trusts; bequests; and volunteering. Through
your generosity, Friends of Vista Hill can continue to respond to the
needs of a rapidly changing world and help create new directions of hope,
healing and empowerment.
Equestrian/Pet Therapy at Stein Education Center
The Equestrian Therapy at Stein Education Center (SEC) Main Campus has been a weekly event for many years. The program provides a safe equestrian opportunity for our special needs children to enjoy an activity that helps them build balance, coordination and self esteem while they have fun and learn from the experience. The children love to spend time around Pippi; petting, brushing, feeding and riding. They look forward to the experience and are very proud of themselves after each ride.
We are extremely fortunate to have Special Education teacher Evelyn Marshall and Special Care Services director Chayo Chavez, certified by NARHA (North American Riders for the Handicapped Association), lead this program along with other qualified volunteers and staff. We are also lucky to have Pippi, our good-natured, gentle horse. We look forward to adding another horse to our program in the future. This wonderful equestrian therapy program is supported entirely by donations.
You can honor someone you love by sending a donation celebrating Pippi and our Equestrian Therapy Program. We will send a special Valentine to your loved one in February 2011 acknowledging your donation in their name...a sure way to put a smile on your loved one's face and on the face of a child as well.
IT'S EASY: Send a check to Vista Hill – 8910 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., S.D. 92123 -- Attention: Pippi. OR click on DONATION; fill in required information (Select a Designation will be Stein Education Center -- Education); go to Questions/Comments and type in the word Valentine. OR call 858-514-5151. And be sure to let us have the name and address of the person who is to receive the Valentine.
- Mother Hubbard's Cupboard: A special Collection Site for emergency food and supplies is at the Vista Hill Main Office at 8787 Complex Drive, San Diego, 92123. Enjoying the process are Cecil H. Steppe, Chairman of the Vista Hill Board of Directors, and Ann Mound, Executive Director of Friends of Vista Hill/VP, Development for Vista Hill. Board members, staff, volunteers, and visitors are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items and other important products (toilet paper, diapers, etc.) for children and families at Vista Hill's ParentCare. Mother Hubbard's Cupboard was established in 2007 through a generous contribution from the San Diego Women's Foundation.
- Make a donation of any size….every gift helps! Click on donate now to make a gift to support our important programs. You may designate a particular program or service, or allow us to apply your gift wherever the need is greatest.
- Vista Hill Associates, designed for Individual
Gift Giving: Members of this donor group contribute by making
annual unrestricted gifts of $1,000 or more. Benefits include invitations
to four VIP evening events.
- Join the Women's Council on
Mental Health: Offering annual membership, the Women's Council
provides educational luncheon forums on timely, important mental health
issues and strives to erase the stigma of mental illness.
- Join the Heritage Society: Designed
to provide planned giving services and honor those who have made Vista
Hill a part of their estate plan.
to our Endowment: Our Friends of Vista Hill 50th Anniversary Endowment
Campaign seeks to raise $3 million to help secure the future of Vista
Hill programs. We have a matching gifts opportunity, which is being
offered by the Lipinsky Family Foundation and the Parker Foundation;
and your gift will make twice the positive impact at Vista Hill.
- Join a Committee or Provide
Underwriting for Fund Raising Events to support Vista Hill's excellent
programs. Events include the Annual Gala, Fashion Show,
and two Women's Council Luncheons.
- Join the Circle of Friends,
a special support group which raises funds for the Sam & Rose Stein
Education Centers (SEC) for the developmentally disabled.
Giving In Honor of, or In Memory of: These lovely cards are a
wonderful way to remember birthdays, holidays, and other life events.
Vista Hill will promptly notify the recipient of your good wishes
by sending an attractive card. The amount of your gift will not be
your car or boat: Vista Hill and Jewish Family Services have a
partnership in this endeavor. Proceeds from the sale of your car or
boat will be split between Vista Hill (60%) and Jewish Family Services
(40%). Call 858.514.5151 to start the process or call Jewish Family
Services at 877.537.5277; be sure to mention Vista Hill.
- Make an In-Kind Contribution: You
can help our programs in so many ways by contributing items, gift certificates,
or services…click here to see our current Wish
For more information please contact Ann L. Mound, Vice President, Executive Director, Friends of Vista Hill at 858.514.5151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top