SmartCare Integrated Behavioral Health
SmartCare is an innovative approach to the integration of behavioral health services within primary care clinics in rural communities of San Diego County. Our purpose is to assist primary care staff in delivering excellent patient care. Behavioral health clinicians and educators provide a range of services and interventions for children, teens, adults and senior adults. We work closely with doctors, nurses and support staff, taking a “warm hand-off” approach with patients exhibiting possible mental health conditions.
SmartCare partners with several local community clinic organizations: Borrego Health Services, Mountain Health and Community Services, Neighborhood Health and North County Health Services. Our staff are on the premises of various clinics operated by these organizations in Pauma Valley, Ramona, Campo, Alpine and Julian.
SmartCare behavioral health clinicians and educators provide:
- Consultation and education to primary care staff
- Screenings and assessment for clinic patients
- Brief interventions and referrals to treatment
- Short-term outpatient treatment for children with serious emotional disturbance and adults with psychiatric issues and substance use disorders
- Health and wellness activities for rural community members
SmartCare’s psychiatrists, clinicians and educators are well versed at providing mental health services in community clinics serving San Diego’s neediest citizens. SmartCare staff offer mental health services using evidence based screening instruments and community standard interventions.
Awarded “Program of the Year – 2015”.
For More Information or Referral
Vista Hill SmartCare Administrative Offices
1012 Main Street, Suite 101, Ramona, CA 92065
Phone: (760) 788-9725
Fax: (760) 788-9754
Please email us at SmartCareInfo@vistahill.org
Who is Eligible?
Any person receiving medical care at partner community clinics located in Pauma Valley, Ramona, Campo, Alpine and Julian. All SmartCare services are provided free of charge to the patient and the clinic. SmartCare’s services are paid under contract with the County of San Diego, Behavioral Health Services.
Outcomes in 2015
- SmartCare Rural provides Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) services to approximately 850 patients annually with an additional 8,500 participating in regional community health and wellness forums.
- Patients report an average of 48% reduction in behavioral health symptoms following participation in our brief PEI services.
- 99% of PEI clients report being highly satisfied with the services and help received.
- SmartCare Integrated Behavioral Health – Rural was awarded “Program of the Year – 2015” by Behavioral Health Services.