Learning Assistance Center (LAC) | County Services
Learning Assistance Center (LAC) is one of the most experienced school-based mental health providers in Southern California. Founded in 1999, the program is contracted with the County of San Diego to provide mental health treatment and services to designated school districts. LAC’s “clinic without walls” brings clinical care to students while at school, in the home or in the community. Services address a range of behavioral health issues for children and teens ages 3 through 18.
LAC County Contracts Services
Service components include:
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Psychiatric medication management (as appropriate)
- Team consultation with school district staff to find positive, effective solutions
- Mental health rehabilitation services provide individual, group and family support to teach behavioral health skills to students that assist families in supporting their children
- Referral linkage and case management support assists families in accessing supportive resources for basic needs
LAC’s therapists, behavioral rehabilitation staff and psychiatrists provide comprehensive outpatient treatment. We work in a seamless and integrated manner with teachers, school counselors and administrators. Clinical staff address school-related issues and help students succeed with academics, social interactions, and improve family relationships.
98% of LAC students demonstrated improvement.
For More Information=
Services are available in the North Inland Region of San Diego County.
In Escondido, call 760-489-4126.
In Ramona and the rural communities of Warner, Julian, Spencer Valley and Borrego Springs, call 760-788-9724.
Offices are open 8:30 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Who is Eligible?
Services are funded through the County of San Diego and are offered at no cost to eligible children and youth for families with full scope MediCal and families without insurance.
Outcomes in 2015
- Services were delivered to 1,763 students in San Diego County school districts.
- 98% of LAC students demonstrated improvement in at least one domain of the Children Functional Assessment Rating Scales from intake to discharge. Domains include depression, anxiety, cognitive performance, etc.
- The average GPA of all students enrolled for LAC services improved by .66 letter grade in six (6) months.
- 86% of youth reported meaningful improvement in behavior symptoms intake to discharge.
- Parents reported 81% meaningful improvement in their student’s behavior over the same period.