Stein Education Center – Adult Services
Stein Education Center is dedicated to creating opportunities that challenge and empower adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through our creative programs, we focus on improving our clients’ quality of life by maximizing independence and advocating for community inclusion.
Our fully licensed programs offer adults, with intellectual and developmental disabilities, programs that help them grow as individuals, demonstrate their enthusiasm for life, develop and practice their skills and abilities and show how they can make a positive contribution to the community.
- Meaningful, creative and engaging training opportunities on-site at program and in community integrated settings
- Positive behavior intervention methods
- Pre-vocational training and volunteer opportunities
- Skill development – language, social interaction, independence
- Group activities such as art and music classes
SEC adults maintained an overall program attendance rate of 91%.
For More Information
Please contact us at 619.281.5031. We are open from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
6070 Mission Gorge Road, San Diego, CA
1415 E. 8th Street, National City, CA
4990 Williams Avenue, La Mesa, CA
8910 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA
Who is Eligible?
Intellectually and developmentally disabled adults over the age of 18 may be referred by the San Diego Regional Center. Fees are paid by the San Diego Regional Center.
- 270 developmentally disabled adults were served in 2017.
- SEC adults maintained an overall program attendance rate of 91%. Attendance is an important element for success with volunteering or paid work.
- Parents and care providers rated quality of services at 96% (very satisfied / highly satisfied – top 2 categories), and goal progress at 91%. Overall satisfaction was at 95%.